- Long span (50m - 150m)
- Very strong, but also flexible
- Economical as allow a slender and lighter structure which is still able to span large distances
- Light weight is an advantage in earthquake-prone areas
- Modern and simple design makes attractive and distinct landmarks
- Easy to build in segments where in-situ construction or cantilever launch on rollers is not possible. This requires substantial piers and large counterweights
- Less suitable for very windy places due to its lightness
Read information on construction of an Under Truss Bridge or see an example of our bridge construction in Sudan.